San Francisco Elks Lodge No. 3 is pleased to announce that Elks Gym and Swimming Pool will be reopening on Tuesday, May 18, in accordance with the yellow tier guidelines as outlined in the City and County of San Francisco’s Health Directives. There will be some continuing restrictions to keep all our members and staff safe.
Monday-Friday 7 am – 9pm
Saturday-Sunday 7am – 7pm.
As always, the Gym will close at 6:00PM the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month for Lodge Meetings.
TEMPORARY ELKS GYM RULES:
- You MUST present a vaccination card with proof of full vaccination OR a negative covid-19 test 72 hrs. prior to entry into the gym.
- You MUST present your Elks membership card with a “heart” or “half heart” sticker as proof of paid gym fees.
- Elks who are not paid Gym Members will not be allowed to enter the Gym, including any guests or visiting Elks. Please contact the office if you have a question about your gym membership at (415) 421 5230, ext. 0.
- Masks MUST be worn at all times except when showering, swimming or using the sauna/steam room.
- Social distancing MUST be maintained and members are REQUIRED to disinfect all equipment after use.
- Swimming Pool reservations ARE required. One lane is available for walk ins. You SHOULD make a reservation at the following link. https://sfelks.skedda.com/booking
- Sauna, steam room and showers are limited to no more than 2 people at a time, as per the 25% capacity limit as mandated by the City.
- Personal grooming is NOT allowed (e.g., shaving, drying hair or brushing of teeth).
- The locker room is capped at 25% capacity as per the Health Directive.
- Shorts & towel service is currently suspended. Please bring your own towel.
- The swimsuit spinner, cool down rooms, library room and pool table rooms are closed.
You must have valid Gym sticker on your current Elks Membership card. You must show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination. A fully vaccinated status means 2 weeks have passed after the 2nd shot for 2 dose vaccine or 2 weeks after a 1 dose vaccine. Those without a vaccination must show proof of a negative Covid-19 test 72 hours prior to visiting the Elks Gym.
We will only allow Gym Members who are “Paid Current” on their Gym fees to access the Elks Gym. For logistical and safety reasons it is best call the Admin/Secretary’s Office at (415) 421-5230, ext. 0 and take care of the fees over the phone. If you are at the Lodge, you can go to the Secretary’s Office to pay your Gym fees in person. At present, the ability to pay your Gym fees is not available on our website. When you pay your dues, you will be given a heart-sticker for your membership card which will allow access to the Gym facilities.
If you paid Gym fees for 2020/2021, your fees will rollover to this current year, 2021/2022.
Elks who are not Gym Members will not be allowed to enter the Gym, nor will guests or any visitors at this time.
In keeping with the City Guidelines for indoor gymnasium spaces, the Elks Gym will be limited up to 50% capacity. Similarly, pool activity will be limited to four (4) swimmers in the pool at one time. We are instituting an online reservation system to allow you to reserve your pool times in advance. This system is easy to use, and will ensure we are operating within state mandated guidelines.
If nobody has booked a lane, you are, of course, welcome to use the pool without a reservation. Please sign in at the Gym attendant’s desk to make certain there are no pending reservations already in place before you start your swim. Members who have made reservations in advance will take priority over members who did not.
Finally, in these times of waning pandemic, we are pausing our current system of offering shorts and towels for our members. Please bring your own towels, athletic shorts, and swim trunks. The Lodge is still not operating at full capacity, and this is a necessary cost-cutting measure to allow us to reopen sooner, rather than later. We hope to return to full laundry service as soon as it’s fiscally responsible. This is a temporary situation, and we thank you for your understanding on this matter.
Thank you for your patience as we negotiated the City and County ordinances to safely reopen the space. These systems are a work in progress, and there will certainly be challenges to a smooth return to normalcy, but we welcome your feedback and understanding, and, most importantly, your patience with our Gym staff as we negotiate this new normal.
Thanks again, and see you down at the Gym.
San Francisco Elks Lodge No. 3